Saturday, August 18, 2012

[Books] Dream Magic: Awakenings by Dawn Harshaw

Started on: August 15, 2012
Finished on: August 18, 2012

Synopsis
Eric, a young boy, has enough of nightmares ruining his dreams.
Determined to grow stronger, he tackles magical disciplines one at a
time - be it flying, blade magic, or telepathy - and stares down his
fears. But, will he survive the battles and the trial of nightmare mastery?
And at what cost?

"Dream Magic: Awakenings" reaches for deep metaphysical
concepts and uses introspective experiences to offer an
immersive feeling of MAGIC.

Review
This book is said to seem some what like Harry Potter in different ways. That's what motivated me to read this book.

Dream Magic: Awakenings. The book title speaks for itself. It's a book about Magic in your dreams, and Eric; the boy the book revolves around, is a young boy who fights nightmares and learns magic in his dreams. Well, that's how I see and understand it.

This story line was original. But it did seem like some of the books that I've read in the past.

The way the book was written was great, the flow was there. Even though it sometimes just cuts from one scene to another. But you can tell that the flow is there.

One of the only things that was missing was some scenes from Erics real life, not his dream life. Because as I was reading it, I tend to forget that Eric is actually dreaming. I think some more insight on Erics real life would be another good edition to the book.

I was quite surprised at the ending. It was very brutal in a way, and there was a lot of torture and pulling out of body parts. That is what I absolutely did not expect. That chapter in the book just blew me off my bed. It certainly was a nightmare.

The book cover, seems very cute in my opinion. Since it's a YA book it's appropriate. I'm guessing the heart in the middle symbolizes what Eric experienced in the end of the book. I always love book covers that are related to the books content.

Over all, Dream Magic: Awakening was a great book. I think Dawn Harshaw did a great job in writing it, even though there maybe some little loose screws here and there. The book was fabulous.

I absolutely recommend it to those readers who love reading YA adventures, who loved the Harry Potter books and who love to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!