Friday, July 20, 2012

[Book, Review] Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Started on: July 18 2012
Finished on: July 20 2012


Synopsis 
Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.

Review
I love this book! I love this book! I love this book!!!! I absolutely love books about mermaids! Whether it's contemporary or romance. I some how cannot put the book down.

Forgive my Fins. My second mermaid book. When I started reading it, I swear, I could not put it down.

Alright. Lily Sanderson. Princess Waterlily. Is half mermaid half human. She's been living in the sea all her life and she wanted to stay on land to get the feel of being a human or a terraped. She happens to fall in love with this swimmer, or the image of him. Whenever she tries to ask him out to the school dance, her annoying pervy neighbor Quince interrups them and also happens to ruin Lily's life in a way.

Lily is blind when it comes to people. That's one thing I don't like about her. She doesn't know what others really mean to her. She only cares what others think of her. She's a typical insecure teenage mermaid, trying to find her mermate before her 18th Birthday.

Quince was just so sweet to Lily, even if her annoyed the heck out of her. I guess that was his way of getting close to her and making himself a memory Lily would always remember. Plus he's hot and he knows what he wants, even thought he may sometimes be a blowfish

The plot was great. It was very very intriguing. How Lily was in love with an image of a guy she barely knows, How Quince seems to be all calm and fine with the fact that he was turning into a merman. I love the tension between Lily and Quince. I am happy they spent most of their time together in the book.

I absolutely loved the ocean-terminology that Lily used! It was hilarious!! It makes me want to used them.

The book cover tells the viewer of a sneak peak inside the book. A viewer can tell that it's a mermaid book, which is a good thing. It's a fabulous cover, perfect for YA readers.

I absolutely recommend this book to everyone. I don't care if you don't like YA or read about supernatural beings. I recommend you all to read it. It was an easy read and it's perfect for preteens and young adult readers.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book!

★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!