Monday, July 9, 2012

[Review, Books] Gossip Girl (1) by Cecily von Ziegesar


Started on: July 5 2012 
Finished on: July 9 2012 

Summary
Older teens and adult readers can't get enough of Gossip Girl, the anonymous narrator who made her catty debut in the bestselling Gossip Girl and titillated readers in the juicy sequel, You Know You Love Me. Now in All I Want Is Everything, readers will love her even more as Gossip Girl dishes up dose after hefty dose of dirt on all her friends-New York's wealthiest private school teens. Sharp wit, intriguing characters, and high-stakes melodrama drive the action of this wildly popular new series.


Review

I’ve always been into Gossip Girl since the TV series stated. But I didn't actually want to read the books, but when I saw it on the bookshelf at the bookstore in the Philippines, the book just looked too tempting for some reason, so I just had to get it.

Once I picked it up and started reading it, I couldn't put it down. As I was reading I was replaying the whole first episode of the first season in my head. I actually thought that the first book will have at least 2-3 episodes in it. I was slightly disappointed that it was only 1 episode. Well, it is a small thin book.

The storyline was good, as I said, it was just like the first episode of the first season. The return of Serena, Blairs jealousy, and the Kiss on the Lips Party. The reason why I love reading the books rather than watching the TV Series or the Movie sometimes because you miss out on what may seem like small tiny details but are actually pretty big ones. I think the reason why I couldn't put down the book was because of how the story line was suppose to be.

I was very surprised at how much these kids smoke, drink and swear. And that their parents even allow them to do so much of it. I just find it very shocking compared to my teenage years.

The first edition of the Gossip Girl series was great, in my opinion and I recommend it to young adults who enjoy reading about Gossip, Drama, Chick-lit, and of course the upper east side of New York City.


★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!