Friday, August 23, 2013

[Books] Wallflowers #2 - It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas

August 12 - 21 2013

Synopsis

Four young ladies enter London society with one necessary goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband. So they band together, and a daring husband-hunting scheme is born.
It happened at the ball...
Where beautiful but bold Lillian Bowman quickly learned that her independent American ways weren't entirely "the thing." And the most disapproving of all was insufferable, snobbish, and impossible Marcus, Lord Westcliff, London's most eligible aristocrat.
It happened in the garden...
When Marcus shockingly—and dangerously—swept her into his arms. Lillian was overcome with a consuming passion for a man she didn't even like. Time stood still; it was as if no one else existed...thank goodness they weren't caught very nearly in the act!
It happened one autumn...
Marcus was a man in charge of his own emotions, a bedrock of stability. But with Lillian, every touch was exquisite torture, every kiss an enticement for more. Yet how could he consider taking a woman so blatantly unsuitable...as his bride?

Review

They are two different people, who are very alike, but are exact opposites. Despising each other since they were acquainted, annoyed at each others presence each time one walks in the same room as the other. But sudden attraction grows once they've gotten close, close enough for a kiss.
It happened one autumn. It did happen one(multiple) autumn day/s. 

The second edition to Lisa Kleypas's absorbing Wallflower series; It Happened One Autumn, is filled with romantic tension and time behind bushes with a splash of humor and suspense.  

Lilian is a stubborn, sharp-tongued, and is filled with pride but she has a strong heart, and Marcus, Lord of Westcliff is a handsome fellow who seems to feel attracted to a certain young American woman who appears to despise Marcus's sometimes arrogant ass. 

Marcus is definitely attracted to her but knows that he shouldn't be because he stuck on the idea that he should marry a noble English woman, not an American. Don't you just love love when the love just goes on unnoticed. It's like you just want to scream at their faces that that it's is right in front of them. As for Lillian, she apparently hates and is irritated by Marcus, but I honestly don't see it. The whole time they were arguing, I didn't feel the hatred or the displeasure. It actually looks like they enjoy arguing with each other. (perfect match indeed)

As much as I enjoy reading about Marcus's thirst for Lillian, I sometimes think that he's doing it a little too much and going over board. It actually made me think that it was the perfume doing its thing, and thinking to myself, "I should really get my hands on that perfume". Marcus definitely needed to get laid. :3

I grew to like St Vincent, he seemed like a very very sweet fellow towards Lillian. He respected her...ish. As I read on towards the ending, he creeped me out a little bit, like a stalker pedophile kind of creeped out. Oh please, I hope I'll enjoy your book once I get my hands on it! I'm very curious on what will happen with you...

This is my second Lisa Kleypas book, and what I've noticed is that Lisa Kleypas always seems to make things exciting and nerve wrecking towards the ending of this series. I'm not sure if she does that with her other books, but I think it's such a great way to spice up a good romance novella.

As much as I would really want this book to give me sleepless night; just as the first book, unfortunately it didn't. I did enjoy this book, a lot, but not as much as I did the first book (Secrets of a Summer Night)

It Happened One Autumn is a funny, hot, absorbing, tense book filled with beautiful details of gardens. I definitely recommend this book to everyone who enjoys the fascinating writings of historical romance that's filled with a pinch of humor and a whole lot of teasing in what seems to be in every 3 or 4 chapters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!