Friday, February 7, 2014

What is Considered a Classic in Terms of Books

The term classic is defined in the dictionary as judged over time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
There are multiple books around the world that have been published through time. Books that have been bought, read and reread, books that have been loved and cared for, and books that have been burned and thrown across the room for its contents.

Most of the world enjoys the company of books and about 40% of those enjoy stating their opinions about the books they've read. I am one of those 40%.

Writing book reviews had taken over my blog for a little bit of time before I brought that usurper down to its rightful place. The reason, I cannot say, but during the reign of "book reviews" on my blog, I would review books every time I shut the last page and lay it beside my laptop to begin writing. There were times when I would stare at the book I just finished and at the blank blog post screen thinking "how am I going to write a review for this". Sometimes I feel as if the book I just finished, isn't worth my opinions because it was that good on its own without my adding to it.

When I consecutively read the Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings series, I did not feel I deserved to review it. Books like these are what I considered my classics. Except for that one time when I reviewed Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, back in 2011. It is not my proudest review.

Classics can also be known as "books to read before you die" because they give out a message that may mean something or teach you something new at the end of that last chapter. It may help you in life, or it may just be one of your daily pleasures after a long day.

What do you, my readers, consider a classic? Do you think these classics deserve more than your straight forward opinion?

~~

This blogpost has been proof read by Grammarly
For those of my readers who are unfamiliar with Grammarly, it is an online proofreader that detect grammatical mistakes, spelling errors, and etc. that we all subconsciously make whenever we write.

This has been a great tool for me so far. When I tried it out on this blogpost, you have no idea how many errors there were and I'm pretty excited to use more of it on my future blogpost! :3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!