Saturday, July 27, 2013

[Books] Percy Jackson & The Olympians #2 - The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan



Started on: July 25 2013

Finished on: July 27 2013

Synopsis

The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come.


Review

Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters, is the second book of the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan.

After I watched the movie trailer, I said to myself "Now I definitely have to read the book before the movie comes out" I was in no hurry, but there would always be a thought on the back of my head telling me to start reading The Sea of Monsters. It was weird...

I surprisingly finished the book pretty quick. Probably because I listened to the audio version. The narrator did a good job with all the characters voices, it was pretty funny that way he voiced some of the characters. xD

I enjoyed the first book, and knew that I would enjoy the second book as much. And I was right.

The Sea of Monsters is a great book for all ages from 8 and above. It's a great fantasy adventure book that is page turning. It has an adventure in every chapter that keeps the reader going. Unlike some books that I've read that would only get interesting in the middle or towards the ending of the book.

The book again ends with a cliff hanger which literally made my jaw drop. (Just to put it out there; my jaw dropped twice during the reading of this book).

One more thing: I cannot seem to get over that Percy is like 12 - 13.

Adventurous, page turner, humorous, and jaw dropping (towards the ending)



* I'm trying out this new layout for my book reviews, what do you all think?*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!