Sunday, July 7, 2013

[Books] I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella


June 15 2013 - July 7 2013

Synopsis
I've lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive!! :)A couple of glasses of bubbly with the girls at a charity do and Poppy's life has gone into meltdown. Not only has she lost her engagement ring, but in the panic that followed, she's lost her phone too. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number with the hotel staff. It was meant to be!
Except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn't agree. He wants his phone back, and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, phone messages and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents, can things get any more tangled?

Review
I've always loved Sophie Kinsella's books. It was because of her that I got so into reading chick-lit.

I've got your number was release a year after Mini Shopaholic, and when I saw the book trailer for this I got so excited that I just had to get it! Unfortunately, I got it a few months after it was released from bookdepository.com because I was too lazy to buy it from the bookstore; impractical, I know. 

Anyways...back to the review. 

I've got your number was an easy paced book, just like other Kinsella books. It had been so long since I've read any of her books and it made me feel nostalgic of my high school and university days of when I used to read a lot of Kinsella books. 

I started off with the audiobook, then continued on with reading it, until I got to the middle. Honestly, I got bored. So I would just read a couple of pages a day, and be done with it, there were even times when I got fed up, because I wanted something reckless and exciting to happen. Since I wanted to finish the book quickly and be done with it. I continued on with the audiobook.

As I got close to the ending, things started to get exciting and intense. I practically jumped up and down  and squealed while I doing my errands and listening to the book at the same time. 

I finished the book with a big smile on my face and a deep sigh. And it gave hope on how my non-existent love life would turn out. 

I've got your number is another great novel by Sophie Kinsella, that is funny, an easy read, and if you've loved her Shopaholic Series and other chick-lit novels, you'll love this one. 

xxxxxxxxxx
xoxoxoxox
:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!