Friday, December 13, 2013

[Books] Losing It by Cora Carmack


Goodreads | Booklikes
Dec 9 - Dec 12

Synopsis

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.




Review


I was extremely excited to start this book. I saw it on goodreads, read the synopsis and hastily went to bookdepository to buy it!

The book started off okay, it was straight to the point. Bliss wanted to lose her v-card and the best way she could do it was to have a one night stand. In the end she gets too nervous and leaves the guy naked on her bed as she ran away. The next day she sees the same guy she left the night before standing in front of her class and introduced himself as her new professor. Dan dan daaaaaan.

First of all, the cover. I just want to point out that being in the middle east, I can't just go around carrying a book with a book cover like that without a book jacket. So it barely left my room. I can't stop starring at Garrick on the cover. It is perfect ;) (okay mixed feelings there)

I was glued to this book for daaaays. It was a very sweet and slightly angsty, just a bit, but the humor covers up most of the angst. Again, I just have to say that I love how it's all straight to the point, which makes it a perfect short and enjoyable read.

This book really reminds me of a dirtier version of those boy-next-door contemporary YA books.

I recommend this book to those who are all into those forbidden love scenarios. This could be a choice for you.
  

2 comments:

Thank you for taking your time to comment and letting me know that you exist! It is always so great to hear from one of my lovely readers!